I collect hobbies and hoard information, very much like a squirrel with nuts. Every day I seem to see or read about something new that I just HAVE to learn how to do. So, if you will allow me to make a list for the goofy things I am dying to try to learn or knit, read on friends and neighbors.
- Knit a shadow box art installation.
- Knit textured wall art.
- Knit little owl stuffed toys for Stitches from the Heart.
- Knit a terrarium full of flowers, birds, grass, and bugs as a art piece.
- Knit a crossword puzzle blanket.
- Knit a chessboard blanket with pieces in starting position.
- Knit with beads/sequins (this whole application boggles my mind a bit).
- Learn to write a pattern that is cohesive.
- Learn to read knitting charts (sadly, I still have to write out the chart before I cast on).
- Learn to dye yarn.
- Knit a Fisherman’s Sweater for the hubby (he loved the hat, why not a sweater? we’re already married after all 😉
(If I am breaking some sort of copy write rule of thumb, please let me know and it will be fixed immediately)
There is also the every growing bucket list…just for knitting. I love lists and I love knitting, these things seem to go hand in hand.
The Ever Growing Knitting Bucket List
- Design as sell patterns.
- Be published! (holy crow, that would be amazing!)
- Be able to teach classes.
- Be able to teach classes to other arthritic knitter’s like myself. To show them you don’t have to give up what you love because your hands work against you.
- Learn to crochet more than just the basics (it is soooo hard on my hand, but that’s never stopped me).
There is time (oh God I hope there’s time!) to work my way through my lists and hope to keep you updated on their progress. Any projects, skills or abilities you are lusting after? Feel free to comment. Hope you slept well and have enjoyed reading as much as I have enjoyed writing.