Here I go again posting twice in one day! In my defense, this weird sleeping means that everyday kind of feels like two – that and the fact that there is so much to share.
In July I am doing my first ever read-a-thon, which seems crazy because my wedding anniversary is the 5th and my parents anniversary is the 9th (thank God the party isn’t until the 16th)! My husband has agreed to go along with the plan and I can see the excitement building as we traverse our library in search of goodies. This is what I am thinking:
Okay, right quick:
- Dark Places: Love Gillian Flynn – Sharp Objects (in my opinion) was better than Gone Girl so I am very excited to read Dark Places.
- The Handmaiden’s Tale: Have heard nothing but praise for this book, found it for a dollar at my local used bookstore and snatched it up.
- The Girl in the Green Raincoat: LOVE Laura Lippman (I am trying to get some female authors in this challenge as well). I picked this up planning on reading it right away and of course got distracted. Bring in to Laura Lippman, I’ve been waiting!
- The Psychopath Test: A friend from High School mailed me this book all the way from Switzerland with an emphatic note to READ IMMEDIATELY. I plan on complying.
- Gulp.: Mary Roach, who also wrote a book called Stiff (read it, you won’t be disappointed) came out with this earlier in the year and it is just the type of !thing that makes me want to giggle with unadulterated glee.
That’s all for today (part 2) friends and neighbors. If you have anything you want to add or suggest, lemme know!