Hello friends and neighbors, it feels like it has been ages!
Well, as my loving brother and niece have probably told you, are anniversary getaway did not turn out as planned. This is putting it mildly I might add. It was a one surprise after another starting with the fact that my mother and father-in-law rented us a cabin for us to get away. Amazing right? I never would have signed up for the read-a-thon if I didn’t think I was going to be able to finish it, but the cabin in the woods where we spent our honeymoon was calling.
I don’t want to get into too much because a) I am dog tired – it’s a little after 3am here in the Buckeye State and we got home about two hours ago – and b) where does one start to retell this story? If any of you have seen the new Evil Dead, the scene in the rain where the road is washed out – that movie’s got nothing on what we have seen.
Do I start with the water in the lake rising, eventually coming up under the cabin, which is built on pillars? Do I start with the other cabin dwellers canoeing back and forth between cabins because he lost power and had to share food? Do I start with the kindness of the innkeeper whole paddled us to a pay phone a mile away to call our loved ones?
I am getting too far into this. Need to prioritize a bit. First and foremost
- Do copious amount of laundry.
- Buy real food that doesn’t include chips or marshmallows.
- Convince Max that we weren’t planning on abandoning him.
- Reply to emails.
- Go through mail – Mom and Dad’s 30th is less than a week away (oh s%!t).
- Bake my brother a key lime pie as a thank you.
- Go back and attempt to convince Max we still love him.
- Catch up on blogs.
- See if I can salvage my knitting (that is a story all on it’s own).
After this, I can finally attempt to get things back to normal. Cannot wait to catch back up with y’all and the real world!