Receiving blogging awards is still such a surprise to me. When I started this blog almost 18 weeks ago I never imagined anyone would read it let alone recognize my existence with an award. This particular lovely came from Movies, Silently. I love her blog, it was in fact one of the first blogs I started reading when I started my blogging adventure. Silent Movies are her specialty, but it doesn’t stop there. She’s cunning, funny, stylish and her posts are always a fantastic read. Seriously, do yourself a favor and pop over there – I will wait. 🙂
So, down to the rules of the award.
- Add the “One Lovely Blog Award” image to your post (Check!)
- Share seven things about you (Check!)
- Pass the award on to seven nominees
- Thank the person who nominated you and add a short blurb about them.
- Inform the nominees by posting on their blogs
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
** So, 7 new (and supposedly interesting things about myself) **
- I met the love of my life when I was 17 years old…on a blind date. We both worked for the same chain of movie theaters and a friend thought it would be the perfect set-up to get Trevor to run into her arms (we really are that different, and difficult ;)). Eight months later we were engaged!
- When we moved into our condo in 2004 our next door neighbors were meth addicts. These were the scariest moments of my life! When their cat wandered into our yard with infected wounds from being punctured by needles Trevor and I gave them two choices; 1) Give us that cat and go away or 2) we are going to call the cops and have you arrested. Fatty never liked us, but I think we gave him the best (and last) 3 years of his life.
- It has become a good luck/ family tradition for the men in the family to get heat stroke on their wedding night. My grandfather, my dad and my husband were all incapacitated on their wedding night. We got home, I put my husband to bed with Advil and Gatorade and went downstairs and ate the white chocolate fondue pot he had prepared 😉
- When I was I was working at the hospital in college, I was going through the ER to get to my car and saw a man self-canabalizing. That’s right friends and neighbors, he was eating his own fingers. I dutifully told the nurse what was happening in the hallway and the proceeded to go get my own lunch.
- In high school I was running after my crush after a concert. Being that I was in high heels and a skirt (and horribly clumsy) my shoe got stuck in-between the sidewalk and the grass propelling me, and my skirt, forward. After recovering from my humiliation ( it didn’t take long, stupid crap like this happens to me all the time) we realized the foot was in fact very broken. On the plus side, my crush carried me to the car, ER and home. Then made a joke to carry me around all the time. I was elated – and that feeling never changed, even after I found out he had a crush on my brother.
- My all time favorite band is The Smiths. You may think it’s music to wallow in, but I love it!
- I have an unnatural love for horror movies. After my OCD made normal things in life seem terrifying, watching a horror movie – and being scared and something you SHOULD be scared at – makes sense. There is not a lot I haven’t seen – and Martyrs is the best/worst of them all.
Okay. Done! Now for my nominees!
- A World Created – Hannah, until we started conversing I thought that all internet friendships were supposed to be creep and weird. Now I know that a true bond can be created out of kindness and passion for your craft. Every post seems better than the last.
- Traveling the world….and much more – Your blog shows your deft hand with your craft and a sharp wit that makes your posts a pleasure to read. Bonus, you were the first person to really help me make the Katniss Shawl for my niece – I am indebted to you!
- Lottieknits – You know why you are getting this, your kindness knows no bounds. For the rest of you – go read this blog! It has snippets of everything you would ever want to read about. It has been a constant source of inspiration to me.
- lollyknits – Just another blogger that I desperately wish was my next door neighbor. Decisive and funny, her posts are a joy to read. Her pictures make me jealous (this is a good thing and a compliment) and again – another kind soul that is always willing to lend a hand.
- MonsterYarns – Although it seems like everyone already knows this blog, I am going to suggest you quit reading mine and go straight over yonder to MonsterYarns. The post is fabulous, the writing superb! Not to mention that some of the comments I have received from this blogger are hilarious!
- Rob’s Surf Report – A great writer, blogger and friend. There is always something to heavily consider after reading his posts – and not commenting doesn’t feel like an option. I am inspired by the free way he writes and voices his opinions.
- Creative Writing with the Crimson League – This is a newer blog (for me) that I’ve started following. Do you have a blog that you just cannot skip, even if you’ve been up for 20 hours? If not – head over, you shant be disappointed!
Alright friends and neighbors, two posts in one day again but totally worth it. Signing off for a bit and I will see you tomorrow….unless something else decides to flood. 🙂
thanks for the nom! all of these blogs sound fantastic 🙂
Congrats on the award. It’s well deserved. I can’t wait to check out these blogs. I’m truly loving the WP community!
Thank you! and Fantastic!! There is a really fantastic community here in the blogging world 🙂
Loved this post so much!!!!
Thank you! *blushing* 😉
Good job on the award, Rachel, and thank you for the nomination!
You are very welcome!
You were my first WordPress friend, and I’m so glad you were. I always look for your posts first, and your comments always make me smile. Your 7 facts made me smile just now. We share an unnatural love for horror movies. I never thought about WHY I love them so much, but what you said makes perfect sense.
Thank you so much for the nomination! Maybe this time I’ll actually nominate some people too. 😉
You are more than welcome for the nomination and no pressure – I just wanted to voice my feelings on your blog for everyone to read!
You are too sweet! You were one of the bloggers that helped bring me out of my shell and actually engage with other people. It has been a fantastic ride ever since!
On horror movies: I know, right? I guess all that fancy schooling did something for me 😉 We should talk horror movies some time – comparing notes is always easier than using IMDB.
Have a fantabulous weekend!
Definitely! I used to be into heavy gore, now I’m more into supernatural hauntings, ghosts and stuff. Probably influenced by my mom, who watches every ghost hunter show on tv. Not a fan of those so much, but movies, I’m there. We’ve been talking about doing a ghost hunt thing for a while. Would be interesting.
Don’t laugh but I did that! There was a murder/suicide in my grandma’s neighborhood – my cousins and I went in and tried to conjure spirits. Turns out my uncle John knew we were sneaking out and scared the Hell out if us!
Love ghost hunter movies – Gloria lives them though so I’ve seen my fair share. Any feelings on French horror movies? They are the scariest thing ever!
Hahaha, I remember my cousins and I sitting outside on the trampoline on summer nights trying to conjure spirits with a Ouija board we made out of construction paper. Nothing ever happened, but I grew up with stories. Southern people love to talk about their paranormal encounters.
I don’t think I’ve ever watched any French horror! Recommend me something and I’ll check it out. It’s almost the time of year where I watch nothing BUT horror.
Oh, I don’t want to be totally responsible for ruining you with French horror! There is one that I watched once – all the way through years ago. To this day when I try to make it through to the conclusion I am sobbing and sprinting from the room!
You are the only person I have ever come across who has seen someone self-cannibalizing. I suspect you probably have amazing stories… I am so glad you started this blog in order to give the rest of the world access to your world and your viewpoint.
Thank you…I think 😉 Yeah, seeing someone eating their own fingers isn’t even the weirdest thing I have ever seen – but one of the most memorable without being too sad.
Hopefully others share your viewpoint, that my blog is actually interesting!
Congratulations and Thank you so much for the nomination.
My greatest challenge is to reveal seven facts about myself….
It’s rough, I always feel so boring! You deserve the award though – I love your blog! 🙂
Grats on the award!! It feels so good to know someone is reading your blog’ doesn’t it? Good job!
It does feel good 🙂 Thank you!
Congratulations on your award 🙂 and thank you for the nomination 😀 you are very kind! I really need to get up to date with blog awards – I’m starting to feel guilty for not acknowledging them sooner.
It’s not like they’re going anywhere, they should be fun – not stressful!
Some if them go back months! It is always nice to receive them but I keep putting off posting about them. It’s just a case of having enough time really as I am quite slow at writing posts! Must get quicker so I can post as often as you!
Honestly posting this much has been a stress reliever since Trevor lost his job. It is time consuming and very distracting.
Don’t fret, this is supposed to be FUN!
I try not to, but it’s the way I’m made and I can’t change that! I’ve recently joined twitter in an attempt to post little and often but I’m failing miserably. Must try harder! 😛
It’s good to have goals! 😉
I like The Smiths too but I have to be in the right mood – just like The Cure – have to be in the right mood for them too. At the moment I have a jazz/Big Band CD in the car.
Pingback: My First Give-Away AND More Awards | MonsterYarns
Holy crap – this has made my day! 🙂
Congrats on the award!
Thank you! 🙂