All Night Knits is published by Rachel Folk, a night owl with a love of knitting. When not found buried under a mountain of yarn, you can typically find her curled up with a book, drinking coffee with her Prince Charming of a husband Trevor or scheming with her cat Max, who may love yarn as much as she does.
HOLY CRAP THAT IS STUFFY ISN’T IT?
What can I say – when I started this blog I was trying to be professional. Now I realize that life, like blogging, is sometimes frantic and messy. So enough with the boring stuffiness, here is a little more about me.
- I have a scary obsession with anything involving yarn/fiber/spinning/knitting/crocheting (kinda-working on it at least)/dying/weaving and looming.
- I started knitting due to a knee surgery that went terribly awry in 2007 and I spent a year in a wheelchair – I really needed a new (seated) hobby.
- After my Grandfather died in 2009 I inherited all my Great Grandmother’s knitting stuff – I’ve been a junkie ever since.
- I am a nationally ranked chess player.
- I have OCD and my very own Panic Monster – but I find all sorts of things to distract the little bastard.
- I am an amazing baker – but a horrible cook.
- I am a vegetarian living with a carnivore – thus the reason I am a terrible cook. I have no idea how to cook meat properly.
- I worked at The Ohio State University Medical Center all the way through college and have some amazing stories to tell from that experience – the most notable being the man eating his own fingers.
- I’ve been known to knit a penis or two in my time.
- I am very, very accident prone. I’ve had 24 breaks in the past 12 years.
- I lost the use of the last three finger in my right (and dominate) hand in an accident in 2009. Knitting and calligraphy are the only reason I can write, type and feed myself with embarrassment.
- I have arthritis in my right hand that makes it turn all sorts of fun colors when I do anything for too long.
- I think I may need professional help for my caffeine addiction.
I hope this helps you feel more at home with me and my little blog. Feel free to convo me anytime with questions or rantings….I am good to go for both!