It appears to be Wednesdays again, funny how that seems to sneak up on me every week! With the holiday weekend coming up and Trevor, Max and I celebrating alone for the first time every, I am tickled pink to have plenty of projects to keep me warm. Wanna see what’s on my needles? Brace yourself, there are quite a few projects going on!
– The Projects –
In keeping with the different projects on different needles theme I have more WIP than ever….and I kinda love it! Being a monogamous knitter (or just knitting ruffles) gets so incredibly dull. I guess I will start with the smallest needle and move my way up.
- Pattern: Patons Jacquard Socks Pattern #104
- Progress: Sock 2 of 2.
- Needles: Size 2US (2.75mm) 5″ DPNs
- Yarn: Lion Brand Sock-Ease in Toffee (100% wool)
The second sock is well on it’s way, which will be completing my second pair of socks ever!
- Pattern: Fiori Autunnali by Rosemary Hill’s Craftsy Class
- Progress: Still on the second chart.
- Needles: Size 4US (3.55mm)
- Yarn: Patons Lace in Dove Grey
- 124 size 6/0 Iridescent Beads
If you’ve read this blog before, this is where I was in the lace pattern BEFORE I had a nosebleed and had to frog the entire thing. I still love knitting it and my Mom is chomping at the bit for me to finish.
- Pattern: Hinagiku Hat on Ravelry by 87cafe – It is pretty heavily modified by still very much so their pattern.
- Needles: Size 4US (3.5mm) and Size 6US (4mm)
- Yarn: Cascade 220 Superwash Sport Multis COL. NO. 108
- Progress: Hopefully finish tonight.
I am in love with this hat, and since the OSU Buckeye’s are planning annihilate the 7-4 Michigan Wolverines I want it ready to wear by Saturday. 🙂
Pattern: Jayashri Sweater from Craftsy
Progress: What is the word for a frown-y face? 😦
Needles: Size 6US (4mm)
Yarn: Knit Picks Gloss DK in Fedora
My KAL sweater (a knit along that was MY idea) has been sadly languishing in my knitting cabinet. I am hoping to finish the ruffle order after work tomorrow and play with it this weekend. I am hoping to finish it by New Year’s Eve….we shall see.
- Pattern: Boneyard Shawl by Stephen West
- Needles: Size 9US (5.5mm)
- Yarn: Bernat Mosaic in Aura
- Progress: I’ve done 9 of my intended 12 repeats – on the second ball of yarn (≈ 410 yards)
I needed a piece I could take to work when I am “sitting” with a patient (I’ve been picking up hours sitting with confused/suicidal patients at night). It is the kind of knitting you can do without looking and the pattern is super simple. I started with hand spun but whimped out and switched to the Bernat (which I don’t endorse at all). I can’t wait to finish this one so I can make another one.
- Pattern: Double Knitting Baby Blanket from my noggin!
- Yarn: 2 strands of Lion Brand Pound of Love in Antique and White
- Needles: Size 15US
- Progress: I am currently in a black hole where it doesn’t seem to be getting any bigger, I’d say 1/4 of the way through.
A friend asked for a big, fluffy blanket that could be used as a floor mat as well. I know the stigma on Pound of Love but you can wash it everyday and nothing happens to it. The double knitting is practice for a Lucy Neatby design I want to try, and after this blasted blanket I should be ready.
– You’ve Made It to the End! –
So that’s it for me friends and neighbors, loads of things to do and not enough hours in the day – just how I like it. I wonder if I am the only knitter with so many WIPs going at once, I mean really – what is a normal number of WIPs to have on the needles?
In case I don’t talk to you before the (US) holiday, Happy Thanksgiving! Oh! and since I am currently down a LYS do a little Black Friday yarn shopping for me, I can live vicariously through your purchases! 😉